Also known as inductive charging, it’s another way to charge your smartphone, accessory, or other compatible device. Simply place it on a wireless charging device – it eliminates the need for charging cables.
It doesn’t present any particular risk. Drop XL Wireless Charger | Watch Edition has been tested by an independent laboratory and has been CE, FCC, and Qi certified.
Wired charging is still a bit faster than wireless.
Your device should have an indicator or notification to let you know it's charging. If a notification doesn't pop up, check the battery symbol at the top of the screen to see if it indicates that it's charging. In addition, Drop XL Wireless Charger | Watch Edition has two LED lights on the front that will be on while devices are charging (one for each charging coil).
That depends on the design of the case, but Drop XL Wireless Charger | Watch Edition is fully compatible with all of our cases. If your non-Native Union case is simply a protective case, as long as its back panel is no thicker than 3mm, wireless charging should work fine. However, if the back panel is thicker, or if the case contains a battery or other metal, it may prevent the phone from charging wirelessly.
Drop XL Wireless Charger | Watch Edition includes an AC Power Adapter and a 6.5-foot cable.
No, wireless charging in general doesn’t support data transfer.
For the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max, it’ll charge your phone at 7.5 Watts (equivalent to 1.5 Amp). For all non-Apple Qi compatible devices, it’ll charge your device at 10 Watts (equivalent to 2 Amps). Wireless charging is highly impacted by the heat of the charger and temperature of the room.
Wireless charging doesn’t fall into the category of products that are subject to MFi certification. Therefore, Drop XL Wireless Charger is not MFi certified, but you can rest assured it’ll work with your iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, or iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Drop XL Wireless Charger | Watch Edition does not support Apple Watch charging on the pad itself, but you can plug the included Apple Watch charging puck into the USB-A port for Apple Watch charging.
Not at all. It’s normal for your phone to get slightly warm when charging wirelessly. Drop XL Wireless Charger | Watch Edition has passed strict safety tests. When using a regular plug-in charger, you’ll notice that the charger warms up a little – it’s the same with wireless charging.
Compatible devices include, but are not limited to:
- Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max.
- Apple AirPods with Wireless Charging Case, and AirPods Pro.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy Note 7, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge+, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6, and Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Google Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and Nexus 7
- LG Lucid 1, Lucid 2, G2*, G3*, G6 and G6+
- Motorola Droid Maxx, Droid Mini, and Droid Turbo
- Microsoft Lumia 950 XL, Lumia 950, Lumia 1520, Lumia Icon, Lumia 930, Lumia 928, and Lumia 920
- Blackberry Priv and Z30
- All other Qi-compatible devices - please consult your device manual or contact the manufacturer if you are unsure if your device is compatible with Qi Wireless Charging
Yes. We’re proud to say that all our packaging is 100% recyclable, so you can enjoy great products without hurting the planet.