Type-C Smart Hub (also known as USB-C Smart Hub)
- Type-C hub featuring 7 ports for charging, multimedia & connectivity
- Product Features
- 7-in-1 hub with 2 USB-A, USB-C, HDMI, SD, Micro SD & Ethernet ports maximizes productivity on your MacBook & other Type-C laptops
- Minimalist, pocket-sized design for easy carry
- Charge & work simultaneously with high-speed 48W Power Delivery pass-through charging even while using other functions
- Enjoy immersive ultra HD video in striking 4K at 30Hz display
- Instantly sync & transfer photos, music & more with USB-A 3.0 SuperSpeed
- Compatibility: see below
- Laptop: Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/10), Mac OS X ≧ 10.2, Linux
- USB-A Peripherals: USB 3.0 (5 GBps), Max power consumption ≦ 0.9 A per port
- HDMI: 4K@30Hz/2K@60Hz
- SD-Cards: SD, SDHC, SDXC up to 2TB at up to 104 MB/s
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Mbps
- USB-C PD Charging port (no data)
- 60W Recommended input
- 48W (max) Pass-through capability
- 12W (max) Hub power consumption
- MacBook Pro (2015 and later) & MacBook Air (2018 and later)
- iPad Pro (USB-C)
- XPS (13”/15”)
- Pixelbook (2017)
- Most USB-C laptops, many USB-C tablets & flagship USB-C phones
- Nintendo Switch
- Apple USB SuperDrive
- Samsung Phones: may display a message that original accessories are recommended, but otherwise recent models (S10, S20) were working fine in our testing
- Original Dell XPS 13: pass through charging with original power supply limited. Recommended to connect your power supply directly to your laptop
- iPad Pro: pass through charging with original 18W power supply limited. Recommended to use 30W (or higher) PD charger
NEED TO KNOW
The “PD” port can provide power to your laptop and the hub itself when connected to a PD charger. It does not support display or data applications.
Some laptops may at times require more than 48W pass-through power. If your laptop indicates it is not charging, plug the power supply directly to your laptop.
To charge an iPad Pro while using the hub requires a 30W (or higher) PD charger.
When connecting an iPad Pro (≤ OS 13) to an external display, the home screen will appear small on the external screen. Only dedicated Apps with dual screen support will use the full size of the external screen (Photos, TV App, Netflix, …). This is how iPad OS 13 works and not a limitation of the Hub.
- Maximum operating temperature: 40C/104F
- Do not expose to humidity and water
- Do not use with damaged cables or accessories
- Use of an accessory not recommended or sold by the manufacturer may result in a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons
USA - FCC Statement
Responsible Party: Design Pool LLC (dba NATIVE UNION)
C/O Armanino LLP
11766 Wilshire Blvd Fl 9
Los Angeles, CA 90025-1586
Tel. +1 (855) 969 5525
Warning: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/ TV technician for help.
Canada – IC Statement
This device complies with Industry Canada license-ICES-003. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Europe - DOC Declaration of Conformity
Hereby, Design Pool Limited declares that the product TCSMHUB01 is in compliance with Directive(s) 2014/30/EU & 2011/65/EU. The full text of the EU DoC is available here.